How to use Canvas
We are excited to share that Canvas officially replaces Blackboard as our learning management system this fall. The Canvas learning platform offers a mobile-friendly, accessible interface to support teaching and learning. Faculty, students, and staff may use Canvas to share information and course materials, engage in critical thinking activities, and collaborate online. Learn how to use Canvas, then access the platform with your assigned username and your selected password.
To help you prepare, attend our upcoming orientations and review our Canvas on-demand resources.
HELP GETTING STARTED
Attend Our Orientations
Featuring: how to navigate Canvas, including a demo of how to submit assignments, participate in discussions, and update personal settings.
Register to participate in the session on August 31 or to receive the recording.
Online Student Orientation | September 1st, 4-5 pm EDT | Register
Featuring: university resources for online students; strategies for succeeding online; orientation to using Canvas. Register to participate in the session on September 1 or to receive the recording.
Review our On-demand Resources
· Passport to Canvas self-directed training course
· Introduction to Canvas video for students (3:30 mins)
· In Canvas, the "Help" button offers 24/7 Chat and Phone Support
1. Log in to Canvas at https://framingham.
2. Enter your username and password as you did for Blackboard
3. If needed, update or change your password at https://password.
4. Download the Canvas Student mobile app for iOS or Android
We look forward to seeing you back on campus soon.
Information Technology Services
Remember that however you may be learning, you are not alone. If you need help, contact Information Technology Services at Framingham State University by calling 508 215-5906, sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting our new self-service IT portal - https://myit.framingham.edu.